- AS at BYU-Idaho May 2002
- BS at Utah State University August 2005
- MS at Utah State University August 2005
- PhD at Pennsylvania State University December 2008
- Control theory
Started teaching in January 2009 at BYU-Idaho
ME 142: Engineering Compuation I
ME 250L: Materials Lab
ME 305: Mechatronics and Measurement Systems I
ME 310: Mechatronics and Measurement Systems II
ME 337: Kinematics
ME 342: Engineering Compuation II
ME 370: Machine Design
ME 410: System Dynamics
ME 470: Mechatronics
FDSCI 208: Introduction to Robotics
Requests for Letters of Recommendation
I am happy to provide letters of recommendation or serve as a reference for students; however, I may choose to decline to write a letter or serve as a reference if I feel that I cannot be a strong advocate on your behalf.
To ensure that I have the time and materials necessary to write an appropriate letter, I request the following:
- Talk to me 2-3 weeks in advance; this will ensure I have the time I need to give a detailed recommendation.
- Fill out the following form and bring it to me. I will need this form before I will start writing.
BYU-Idaho Letter of Recommendation Form
- Waive the right to review my recommendation. I do not feel free to communicate to the recipient if you have not waived your right to review the recommendation. Failure to do so will usually result in a more general letter or reference.
- If the letter is to be mailed or hand deliverd then please provide me with addressed envelopes. I will sign across the seal, and the letters should remain sealed whether I give the letters to you, or if they are mailed directly. If the letters are submitted online, please provide the web address and any necessary instructions.
- Send me an email with the following:
- Personal resume
- Cover letter or statement of purpose.
- If you are applying to graduate school, I would like to know whether you are interested in MS or PhD, doing research or just coursework, possible research topics, etc.
- List of classes you took from me, when you took them, and projects you did in those classes or with me directly outside of class.
- List a couple strengths and weaknesses and what you are doing to overcome those weaknesses
- If you require multiple copies for multiple applications, please provide a list of each application and the associated deadlines.