- Bachelor of Arts in Math Education from Brigham Young University (graduated in 1996)
- Master of Science in Teaching Mathematics from Portland State University (graduated in 2006)
- Initial Administrative Licensure Program at Willamette University (completed in 2009)
- Standard Oregon Teaching License with Advanced Math endorsement (valid until 2021)
- I enjoy music (I play the string bass), outdoor activities, and spending time with my family.
- Math Teacher – Show Low High School in Show Low, Arizona, 1996-1999
- Math Teacher – North Salem High School in Salem, Oregon, 1999-2010
- Instructional Coach – Waldo Middle School in Salem, Oregon, 2010-2016
- Online Instructor – BYU-Idaho, 2014-2017
- Professor of Mathematics – BYU-Idaho, 2016-present
- Problem Solving
- Math Education
- Collecting, creating, and solving rich math problems for use in math education
- Refining and improving math courses for elementary education majors
I am originally from Salem, Oregon, where I grew up. After college and a mission to Italy, I worked in public schools as a high school math teacher and middle school instructional coach for 20 years before coming to BYU-Idaho. I have a wife, 4 children, and 1 grandchild (as of 2018).