- MS, Mathematics – Utah State University
- BS, Mathematics/Chemistry – Southern Utah University
- I am very interested in LDS church doctrine and have many book on scriptures and theology. I also enjoy birding and collect old radio shows from the 1920s through the 1960s.
- BYUI – Mathematics Professor
- Legacy Preparatory Academy – Principal, Mathematics Teacher
- DaVinci Academy of Science and the Arts – Mathematics Teacher
- ATK Thiokol – Statistician, Mathematician, Reliability Engineer
- REDCON – Statistician
- Support Systems Associates, Inc. – Statistician
- Research performed on various Air Force and Navy weapon systems, space shuttle booster motors, including reliability analyses and ways to improve them.
- Research performed on pressure perturbations problem with space shuttle motors during launch, including isolating problem and offering solution.
I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah and I originally went to Southern Utah University to become a high school mathematics teacher. While at SUU, I was baptized a member of the LDS church.
After college however, I decided to forgo teaching school and further my experience working as a mathematician and statistician for various contractors at Hill Air Force Base.
While there, I married Penny Meyerink and we moved to Ogden, Utah, where we lived for the next 29 years. We are the parents of 9 children and currently 26 grandchildren with 2 more on the way.
While in Ogden, I went to Utah State University and received my master’s degree. After 6 years at Hill Air Force Base, I changed employment to ATK Thiokol, where I performed reliability studies on the space shuttle booster motors, as well as several weapon systems.
While in Ogden, a perfect storm hit the school district and most of the mathematics teachers left during one school year. Because I had several children in the school district, I left Thiokol and became a math teacher, which was where I should have been anyway. I spent the next 10 years teaching math, serving 2 of those years as a high school principal.
In 2014, my daughter was attending BYUI and informed me of a job opening for a mathematics professor. I applied for the job and living on faith, my wife and I moved to Rigby, Idaho and bought a house. We have lived there since and absolutely love the Eastern Idaho area.