Social Media Help
Want some additional help for your organization's social media?
The Comm397R -Social Media Practicum class sends a student or group of students to organizations on and off campus for a semester to help with social media needs.
They offer training, tools and assistance necessary to organize, create, and manage a social media campaign across various platforms. Each student provides free assistance for 5 hours per week.
If you have someone already working on social media for you, make sure they know about the Comm397R class.
Practicum students can help you by:
- Creating and/or managing Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, or Twitter accounts.
- Creating and implementing a media strategy.
- Creating an editorial calendar and content based on your strategy.
- Responding to comments and posts.
- Creating cross-promotions across different media platforms.
- Building a strong relationship with your desired audience while increasing your followers and reach.
For campus departments they also:
- Apply the BYU-Idaho social media guidelines.
- Promote your platforms and messages with other BYU-Idaho social media groups.
Lee Warnick at email@example.com to talk about needs and request student help.
University Guidelines and Policies:
Campus departments can register social media pages, get approved logos, and learn about best practices on the social media planning page.