Video Clips From Ken Bain's Workshop
Writer: Ken Bain
On April 18, 2011, Dr. Ken Bain facilitated two workshops with faculty at BYU-Idaho. We have posted video recordings of his workshops to continue the conversations started about learning and teaching. To view the video clips, click on the links below and log-on to the video streaming server.
Click on the workshop to view the complete session. Segments of the workshop can be viewed by clicking on the links below the workshop.
- What is deep learning?
- What are the conditions of deep learning?
- Are there different approaches to learning?
- Why students don’t take a deep approach to learning?
- Why is learning something new so difficult?
- What are the best practices to help students learn at deeper levels?(Part One)(Part Two*)
- How to develop questions that engage students in deep learning?*
- How can little things make a big difference?
*Audio only for a few minutes
- What do "promising syllabi" have in common?
- What is the promise?
- What will students do in the course?
- How will you and I best come to understand the nature and the progress of your learning?
- Promising syllabus on the web
We have received permission from Dr. Bain to make these video clips available exclusively for the professional development of BYU-Idaho employees. Any other use of these proceedings violates our contract.