Each semester the Learning and Teaching Travel Committee sends a team of 5-6 faculty members to a pre-selected conference. Faculty are encouraged to travel together to create cross-disciplinary interaction. A member of the Travel Committee serves as the group leader and will help coordinate activities. Participants are encouraged to share what they learn after returning to campus, this might take the form of a department presentation, Perspective article or panel discussion.
If you are a full time faculty who would like to participate, please express your interest in attending an upcoming conference by completing an interest form.
The Fall Semester 2014 Conferences will be:
- AECT International Convention: Learning, Design, and Technology
- November 4 - November 8, 2014
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Fall Global Conference on Education
- November 14 - November 15, 2014
- Las Vegas, Nevada
conferences/global-education- conference/2014-fall-global- conference-on-education/
Deadline is May 7th.
- All of the travel and registration arrangements will be organized through the Instructional Development office and paid for by the Travel Committee. Individual participants will need to complete their own travel reconciliation https://dep.byui.edu/Travel/ta/ (Reconcile Travel Return).
- Faculty will travel to and from the conference in groups. This will allow faculty to meet colleagues from across campus and will facilitate the exchange of ideas about learning and teaching before and after the conference. (Exceptions may be made for faculty adding on other professional development activities preceding the conference).
- During the trip, there may be an opportunity to meet with local online faculty. The trip leader will coordinate this meeting so that online faculty can become better acquainted with colleagues from BYU-Idaho.
- It is anticipated that faculty members will share what they have learned upon returning to campus. This might take the form of a department presentation, panel discussion, Perspective article, etc.
- Please indicate your interest in upcoming conference by completing the form below. Please note that completing the interest form does not guarantee your participation. The committee will review the interest forms each semester and then allot the available slots among colleges and departments.
- The first priority is to support faculty that have not previously participated in a learning and teaching conference. To be considered, you must be a full-time, CFS-track faculty member.
- Faculty selected by the Travel Committee for the conferences will be notified a semester in advance so they can make arrangements for their classes.