Your work is important to the university's success. In order for you to be effective in your stewardship, you need to be informed. To make that happen, university leaders have committed to share ideas, plans, and directions with you in a timely manner.
Department and college visits by university leaders
Feedback indicated that employees would like to have opportunites to interact with university leaders at the department, college, and office level. Originally an initiative from 2012, leaders made a renewed committment to engage in these smaller gatherings with a focus on open dialogue.
Vice presidents and line managers at every level of the university have committed to share information and foster effective communication in the following ways:
Vice presidents will:
- share information from President's Executive Group (PEG) and President’s Council with line management and in the Employee Blog,
- accompany the President on visits to departments for personal interaction and questions, and
- make regular personal visits in their respective areas.
Line managers throughout the university have committed to assist vice presidents by implementing several practices designed to assist the flow of information.
Line managers will:
- hold regular staff meetings in each of their areas,
- include a communication agenda item in all management meetings,
- have regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with their employees,
- listen to suggestions and surface issues from their individual areas, and
- communicate to supervisors the needs and suggestions within their stewardship.