Vice presidents and line managers at every level of the university have committed to share information and foster effective communication in the following ways:
Vice presidents will:
- share information from President's Executive Group (PEG) and President’s Council with line management and in the Employee Blog,
- accompany the President on visits to departments for personal interaction and questions, and
- make regular personal visits in their respective areas.
Line managers throughout the university have committed to assist vice presidents by implementing several practices designed to assist the flow of information.
Line managers will:
- hold regular staff meetings in each of their areas,
- include a communication agenda item in all management meetings,
- have regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with their employees,
- listen to suggestions and surface issues from their individual areas, and
- communicate to supervisors the needs and suggestions within their stewardship.
Employee Communication Survey Results - See employee feedback about communication on campus.