Objective: Follow these steps the next time you want to meet with an academic advisor.
- Navigate to iplan.byui.edu/advising in your internet browser.
- If this is your first time visiting the page, you'll be asked to enter your contact information. Go ahead and type in your preferred email and phone number and then select "Confirm Details".
- Using your student credentials (that's your username and password), log into iplan.byui.edu/advising.
- Select the center you would like to make an appointment with from the drop down in the top right corner.
- On the left hand side under the calendar you'll find a list of advisors with which you can make an appointment. Select the advisor you'd like to see.
- On the right, you'll see a weekly calendar with the advisor's availability in green.
- Click on any green availability that you see to make an appointment for a specific time.
- A pop up window will appear. Here you'll be required to select a visit type and visit reason. Please check your college's appointment guidelines. You may leave a call back number (we recommend doing this) as well as brief comment in the "notes."
- As the advising center allows, you may schedule an appointment in more than one slot on a calendar day.
- Once the appointment has been made, you will receive an email confirmation.
- If you want to cancel an appointment, find it on the calendar and click on it. A popup should appear with a big red button that says "cancel".