Semester in Mexico
The 2014 Semester in Querétaro, Mexico offers students an intellectually challenging program of Spanish language, Mexican Literature, and Mexican or Latin American culture. In addition, courses in Economics, International Politics and Doing Business in Mexico are available. Students may earn up to fifteen credits while attending the highly acclaimed "Tecnologico de Monterrey" in Querétaro, Mexico. Students will be immersed in local culture by staying in the homes of local residents. Many multinational businesses have production facilities and offices in Querétaro, and internships are available. While in Querétaro, students will be able to visit the Teotihuacan ruins and several colonial towns, and participate in local Institute classes and YSA activities.
August 5, 2014 - December 10, 2014
Homestay Housing fee: $100 plus $440 per month, paid directly to Tec de Monterrey in Queretaro. This includes three meals daily plus laundry.
BYU-Idaho Tuition: $1875
- Program Fee $300 (includes HTH international emergency health insurance)
- Books $180 (estimate)
- Airfare (varies by departure location - approx. $800)
- Transportation (in Mexico - estimate $200)
- Student Visa $100 (only required for business internships)
- Passport application fee (if you do not already have one)
- Personal expenses, including field trips to nearby towns
- $300 non-refundable deposit, due within ten days of acceptance to program
- $1875 (tuition) due according to BYU-Idaho fall semester tuition deadlines
- $540 upon arrival in Querétaro for first month housing fee, $440 per month thereafter, paid to the Tec de Monterrey via credit card or cash.
Payment of the non-refundable deposit ($300) secures your place in the program. In the case of cancellation by the applicant (no matter the cause), the applicant will lose the deposit.
SPAN 101, SPAN 102, SPAN 201, SPAN 321, SPAN 325, SPAN 350, SPAN 451 SPAN 490R
INTST 350, 398R, Internship or 399R
B380 (In English) , B298R Internship, B398 Internship, B399
Econ 150, Econ 151, Econ 358 (all available in English)
Pol Sci 170, 372 (In English) Pol Sci 375 (In Spanish only)
Application Deadline: April 15, 2014
Prerequisites: No college - level language prerequisite for 2014 program. High school Spanish or basic knowledge of Spanish recommended. Contact Brother Hunsaker for details.
How to Apply
Applications for 2014 are no longer being accepted. Please check back next year for 2015.
- Fill out the application form. Obtain necessary references.
- Note that you will need to fill out some personal information. Also you will need contact information of your parents and BYU-I Bishop, and you will need your health insurance information.
- Pay $300 deposit fee at Cashier's Office in the Kimball Building within ten days of notification of your acceptance. You may also pay by phone. Call 208-496-1950.
Office: SMI 458