Semester in Beijing
The 2014 Semester in Beijing offers students an intellectually challenging program of Chinese language, literature, and culture. Students can earn up to seventeen credits while attending Capital Normal University in Beijing, China. The international campus houses students hailing from dozens of countries. While in China, students will witness firsthand the festivities of the Mid-Autumn Festival and the National Holiday. There are countless sightseeing opportunities within the city, from the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace to the architectual wonders of the CCTV Building and the Olympic Park.
For students already accepted to the program, watch the following introductory video.
August 16, 2014 - December 20, 2014
Program Fee: $3000 (Includes housing, int'l health insurance, CNU tuition, local field trips)
BYU-Idaho Tuition: $1785
- Meals (students can eat well in cafeteria for around US$7/day)
- Books (approximately $30)
- China Visa $180
- Airfare (varies by departure location)
- Transportation (in Beijing-estimate $100)
- Passport application fee (if you do not already have one)
- Personal expenses, Internet fees at dormitory, etc.
- $300 non-refundable deposit, due within ten days of acceptance to program
- $1200 (program fee) by May 1, 2014
- $1500 (program fee) by July 1, 2014
- $1785 (tuition) due according to BYU-Idaho fall semester tuition deadlines
Payment of the non-refundable deposit ($300) secures your place in the program. In the case of cancellation by the applicant (no matter the cause), the applicant will lose the deposit as well as any additional costs already incurred. However, every effort will be made to hold losses to a minimum.
CHIN 101, CHIN 102, CHIN 201, CHIN 202, CHIN 301, CHIN 302, CHIN 345, CHIN 347, INTST 399R
Application Deadline: March 1, 2014
Prerequisites: No language prerequisite for 2014 program. Contact Brother Paul for details.
How to Apply
Applications for 2014 are no longer being accepted. Please check back next year for 2015.
- Fill out the online application form. Obtain necessary references.
- Click login, then in International Study Programs click on Semester in Beijing. Complete the 4 items listed.
- Note that you will need to fill out some personal information. Also you will need contact information of your parents and BYU-I Bishop, and you will need your health insurance information.
- Pay $300 deposit fee at Cashier's Office in the Kimball Building within five days of notification of your acceptance. You may also pay by phone. Call 208-496-1950.
Office: SMI 471
Phone: (208) 496-4315