Reporting Suspected Fraud, Waste or Abuse
Anyone who has concerns about unethical behavior has a responsibility to report such action to appropriate personnel. (See policy on Reporting on Fraudulent Activity [3-6]).
Items to be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Fraudulent activities (e.g., conflicts of interest, kickbacks, extortion, fictitious transactions, etc.)
- Wasting or abuse of University assets or resources
- Noncompliance with federal, state, or local laws and regulations
- Noncompliance with Unviersity policies and procedures
Raising such concerns is a service to the University and will not jeopardize your employment.
How to make a report:
You may submit a report by:
What not to report through this hotline:
While there are a variety of items that should be reported through the Compliance Hotline, we request that if you have a concern about one of the following items, you report it through the appropriate channel:
- If you witness or have knowledge of a reportable theft or other criminal activity (other than fraud, waste, or abuse of University resources), please notify the University Police at 496-3000;
- If you have a work-related concern, you should speak with your supervisor or an employee in the University office that has oversight authority for your concern;
- If you have employment-related concerns, such as harrassment, discrimination, hiring, etc., please notify Human Resources at 496-1700;
- If you have knowledge of honor code violations, please report them to the Dean of Students Office (student-related) at 496-9200 or Human Resources (employee-related) at 496-1700;
- If you have academic-related faculty concerns, please report them to Academic Administration at 496-1141.