The Interdisciplinary Internship course, IDS 398R, is designed to provide hands-on, professional experience directly related to your proposed IDS study plan. It requires student initiative and commitment to have a meaningful experience. You are ultimately responsible for the quality of your internship. Though others certainly will have a significant impact, there is no substitute for your determination, motivation and creativity.
- 100 hours = 1 credit, 200 hours = 2 credits, 300 hours = 3 credits
- 1 credit is required, can earn up to 3 credits if desired
- Internship must last at least 7 weeks (half of an academic semester)
- Internship must be at least 10 hours per week
- Must have a full-time professional mentor during the internship
- See all Internship Requirements (PDF)*
- Professionalism Guidelines
*To view the Internship requirements document you will need to have a PDF reader. You can download Adobe Reader here.