BYU-Idaho has recently upgraded from the LivePerson Agent Console (LPAC) to the web-based LiveEngage. For more information regarding LiveEngage, click here to access the LiveEngage Agent Guide and click here to access the LiveEngage Admin Guide.
Connecting to LivePerson and/or LiveEngage
If you are a new employee and need access to LivePerson:
- Have your department supervisor contact the BYU-Idaho Support Center (BSC) to get an account set up for you.
- Click here to access the new web-based LiveEngage console.
- When prompted, enter “1132447” for BYU-Idaho’s Site/Account Number.
Running Reports with LiveEngage
To run reports for individual LiveEngage agents:
- Go to the LiveEngage main page.
- Click “Web Visitors.”
- Click the black “down” arrow next to “Web Visitors.”
- Click “Agent Manager BI Dashboards.”
- A new tab will open asking you to log in again. Log in again and you will see your choice of reports LiveEngage can run: Engagement Activity, Agent Activity, and Survey Activity.
User Management for LivePerson Administrator
As an administrator, you can add and manage the users in your account. Users on LiveEngage have different permission sets according to their roles.
It’s also possible to create profiles, or customized permissions sets within roles, for additional user management flexibility. For further information on customizing profiles and permissions sets, read the Profiles (permissions) documentation.
Add a Person to LivePerson
When adding a person to LivePerson, use the following content to fill in the required information:
- Login Name: BYU-Idaho username
- Email: Student's school email
- Nickname: Student's first name
- Name: Student's Lastname, Firstname
- Employee ID: Blank
- Picture URL: Blank unless desired
- Password: Set a generic password with a minimum of eight characters that the user will change later
- Re-type the password
- Check the box labeled Change password on next login: For more information, check the "Change Password on Next Login" section listed later in this article)
- Assignment: Up to four profiles can be selected, but only one from within each role
- Skills: Your department
- Assigned to group: Your department
- Click Save.
- On the Users list, click the user you would like to edit.
- Edit the user details.
- Click Save.
Duplication is recommended if you're adding a user that will need the same skills as an existing user.
- On the Users list, select the user’s checkbox.
- Click the Action menu and select Duplicate.
- A new user page will open for editing, with the following fields already populated:
- Assigned profiles
- Max. number of chats
- Max. number of messaging conversations
NOTE: When duplicating a user, the administrator will still need to complete the fields for the login name, email, name, nickname, employee ID, and password.
Enable or Disable the User
- On the Users list, click the user.
- Click the Enable button.
- Click Save.
You can easily search for users and their information according to their name, nickname, email address, permission set, and/or group. Simply type in the search box the target word or name and all results will be returned in the list.
NOTE: When searching for a name, first type in the last name of the user and then his/her first name to fit the format LastName, FirstName (e.g. Smith, John).
Change Password on Next Login
Safeguarding the privacy of user passwords is an important part of maintaining the security of LiveEngage accounts. When editing a user, account administrators can set a prompt to appear for the user to change their password when they next log in.
In this way, if the administrator has set a default password for a new user, or has reset the password on a user’s account, they can ensure that the user will have to change the password to one of their own choosing when they next log in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the purpose of the connection area?
A. This allows the user to have access to their Knowledge Base (KB) and communicate with support.
Q. What is the large number next to the user’s name?
A. This number represents any unread messages the user has.
Q. Can other people join conversations?
A. Yes, those who are listed as agent managers can add themselves to a chat.
Q. Can I stay logged in for a longer time?
A. No, the login time is a default set by LivePerson.
Q. Can I keep a password for longer than 90 days?
A. No, the password reset is a default set by LivePerson.
Q. What's the difference between "Web Visitors" and "Active Connections"?
A. "Web Visitors" are people that are on the webpage at the current moment while "Active Connections" are those that have initiated a chat.