iOS Email Setup
This article details two ways to set up your school email on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod). The first way is through Apple's native iOS Mail app. The second is with the Microsoft Outlook app, available on the App Store.
Set up email on native iOS Mail app
- If you do not already have an email account linked to your iPhone’s native Mail app, you can add one as soon as you open the app. Otherwise, open the Settings app and go to "Mail."
- Under "Accounts" tap "Add Account" and select "Exchange" as the account type to add.
- On the following screen enter your BYU-Idaho email and password, then tap "Next."
- The form will then expand, asking for a Server, Domain, and Username. Use the following:
- Server: "outlook.office365.com"
- Domain: "BYUI"
- Username: email@example.com. NOTE: be sure to put "@byui.edu" on the end of your username to connect correctly.
- You will then be able to configure which native iOS services you would like to use with that account: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, or Notes. Make your selections, then tap "Save."
- You should now find your BYU-Idaho email accessible from your iPhone’s Mail app.
Tip: To sync more or less mail to your phone, open Settings > Mail > Accounts > YourAccount > Mail Days to Sync. You can change how many days back you want to sync your mail, or tap "No Limit" to sync everything.
Download Outlook or other mail client app
If you choose not to use the native iOS Mail app, you can download another mail client of your choice. The following instructions are for the Microsoft Outlook app, which works best for BYU-Idaho email.
- When opening the app for the first time, tap "Get Started" and select your notification preferences.
- If you have already set up an account in the app, go to the in-app settings and tap "Add Account" then "Add Email Account."
- Where it says "firstname.lastname@example.org," enter your email address.
- When you tap "next," it will redirect you to BYU-Idaho's Single Sign-On page where you will enter your username and password.
- It may then ask you if you want to add another account. You can, if you wish, sync your other email accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo with the Outlook app. You can even sync a storage account such as OneDrive for Business or Dropbox.