Changing your BYU-Idaho password regularly is vital to the safety of your account information. By changing your password consistently, you reduce the risk of criminals gaining access to your account.
When you change your BYU-Idaho password, every device you use to access any BYU-Idaho service must be updated to reflect the password change. If not, you risk getting locked out of your account.
Changing Your Password on the Website
1. Go to www.byui.edu.
2. Click the Sign In button to access the BYU-Idaho login page.
3. From the BYU-Idaho login page, click Change Password.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Changing Your Wi-Fi Password on Android Devices
NOTE: Not all Android devices will be the same. These are general directions.
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap Wi-Fi.
3. From the list of available networks that appear, choose the BYUI server.
4. Tap Forget.
5. Then back out of settings and go back in to put the new password in for the BYU-Idaho wireless network.
Changing Your Email Password on Android Devices
1. Tap the mail app you use.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Accounts or select the account name.
4. From the list of available accounts that appears, choose your @byui.edu address.
5. Tap Account Settings.
6. Tap Incoming Settings. You may have to scroll down the list to see it.
7. Tap Change Password.
8. Follow the onscreen prompts to change your password.
9. Tap Next.
10. When asked about remote security, tap OK.
Changing Your Outlook App Password for Windows
NOTE: If you are an employee for BYU-Idaho, you will need to change the password saved in your Outlook application. This must be done for the email to reload. Otherwise, your Outlook application will continuously say that it cannot sync, and you won’t receive your emails.
1. Click File, located in the top-left corner.
2. Click Account Settings.
3. Click the option labeled Account Settings.
4. Click the second tab labeled Data Files and click the email file for which you'd like to change the password.
5. Click Settings.
6. Click Change Password.
NOTE: The Change Password option will not appear unless you have already changed your BYU-Idaho password. This is because it is a network password connected directly to the BYU-Idaho login page.
7. Type the old password in the box labeled Old Password, then type your new password in the required field. Remember, it can be up to 15 characters long and is case-sensitive.
8. Click OK.
Changing Your Outlook App Password for Mac
1. Click on the Tools tab.
2. Click Accounts.
3. Click the BYUI account to change the password.
4. Enter the new password in the Password box.
5. Close the window.