How to Set Up 2-Factor Authentication Using a Text Message (for New Employees)
This article explains how a new employee can enroll in 2-factor authentication (2FA) using a text message. For more about 2FA, please watch our "Introduction: Why 2FA?" video.
To enroll in 2FA using a text message:
1. Log in to your BYU-Idaho account.
2. Click "Start setup."
3. Click "Mobile phone."
4. Enter your phone number.
5. Verify that the phone number you entered is correct and click "Continue."
6. You'll be shown a list of cell phone types. Choose the "Other (and cell phones)" option.
7. In the next screen, click "Remember me for 30 days" and then click "Enter a passcode."
8. You will see a blue bar across the bottom of your screen. Click "Text me new codes" inside the blue bar.
9. A code will be texted to you. Enter the code into your computer, then click "Log in."
NOTE: If you receive a code like this when you are not trying to log in to your account, it means that someone is trying to get into your account. Ignore the code, and make sure to change your BYU-Idaho password as soon as possible.
You're now set up with 2FA and logged in to your account! You'll only need to do this when logging in to your BYU-Idaho account from an off-campus network, and only every 30 days per device and browser.