Duo Mobile for iPhone
This article will walk you through the process of installing and using Duo Mobile on an iPhone.
The Duo Mobile app provides two ways of authenticating on an iPhone: Duo Push and Touch ID.
NOTE: The current version of Duo Mobile requires iOS 8 or greater.
Installing the Duo Mobile App on an iPhone
To install Duo Mobile on your iPhone:
1. Log in to your BYU-Idaho account.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the "Install Duo Mobile for iOS" window.
3. Download Duo Mobile from the App Store.
4. Open the app and allow notifications to be sent to your device.
5. Tap the plus sign in the top-left corner, or the "Add Account" button in the bottom of the screen.
6. Allow access to your camera and scan the barcode to link the app to your account.
Using the Duo Mobile App with Push Notifications
This is the easiest and quickest way to authenticate. To use the Duo Mobile app with push notifications:
Click "Send Me a Push Notification" in the authentication method selection window.
Duo Mobile will send an approval request to your device via a notification. Press "Approve" to authenticate.
NOTE: If you receive a request that you weren't expecting, press "Deny" to reject it. You will then be able to report if the request is fraudulent, or you can report if it was a mistake to deny the request.
Using the Duo Mobile App with Touch ID
Duo Mobile 3.7 and later for iOS also supports Touch ID. If you have Touch ID configured in your device, you will see a Touch ID prompt every time you authenticate via Duo Mobile. This method serves as an extra layer of security to your account.
NOTE: If you are unable to scan your fingerprint using Touch ID, you can also verify your identity by using your device's passcode (the same one you use for your lock screen).