5.3.2/6.3.2 - Tutorial - Android First Time Configuration (Faculty)
This is a brief tutorial on how to configure BYU-Idaho email on an Android device for Faculty and Staff members, where this is the first time configuration for the email on this device.
1. Select your "Menu" icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Select your "Email" application.
3. Input your BYU-Idaho email address and password.
4. Select "Manual Setup."
5. Select "Exchange" as the type.
6. Input your BYU-Idaho username in the "Username@byui.edu" field (NOTE: The picture says wrong format for username, this picture is not updated yet).
7. Input your BYU-Idaho password in the "Password" field.
8. Input "outlook.office365.com" for the "Server" field (NOTE: The picture says wrong server address, this picture is not updated yet).
9. Click "OK" to allow Remote Security Administration (NOTE: This will say outlook.office365.com, this picture is not updated yet).
10. When the "Account Options" screen comes up click "Next"
If you have more phones that need to be reconfigured with email, follow the button below, or "continue" to configure any Tablets you have.
If at any time you experience difficulty with the instructions in these tutorials, please give us a call at 208-496-9000 for additional help.