5.1.3/6.1.3 - Wi-Fi and Email Reconfiguration General Support Page
Because you selected a device that is not specifically supported by the Help Desk Technical Support, here is the basic information needed to configure most devices to the BYU-Idaho Wi-Fi Network.
- Network Security Type: WPA2 Enterprise
- Required Security: 802.1x EAP
- Encryption Type: AES
- Network Authentication Method: PEAP, MSCHAPv2
- Authentication after selecting MSCHAPv2: BYU-Idaho Username and Password
Here is the basic information needed to configure most devices to access BYU-Idaho email.
- Email Account Type: Microsoft Exchange/ Corporate
- Domain for Employees: BYUI for Employees
- Domain for Students: leave "Domain" blank
- Server for Employees: owa.byui.edu
- Server for Students: ~https://sn2prd0106.outlook.com (found when they login to their BYU-Idaho email through outlook.com or through the my.byui Email tab).
- Note on "Server for Students": the above-provided information is NOT the complete web address on purpose. Anything past "...outlook.com" is not required on other devices for the Server field.
Select the Phones reconfiguration menu, Tablets reconfiguration menu or go back to the password reset instructions.