There are several ways to go about installing updates on a Mac.
Using the Mac App Store
To update your computer using the App Store:
- Open the "App Store" app on your Mac.
- Click "Updates" in the toolbar.
- Update each app individually, or click "Update All" to install all available updates.
Using Software Update
To update without the App Store:
- Choose "Software Update" from the Apple menu.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Some software updates are also available from the Apple Support Downloads site.