iOS (Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod) Email Setup for Students
Need help with your email?
Click here to chat with an expert or leave us a message after hours.
The best configuration for Student email is to use "Exchange."
To change this setting on an iPad or iPhone do the following:
- Go to "Settings."
- Go to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Go to "Exchange."
- Go to "Add Accounts."
- Email: email@example.com. ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username: email@example.com. ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to add "@byui.edu" to the end of your username. This is the most common mistake people make at this point.
- Domain: blank.
- Password: enter your BYU-I password.
- Server: www.outlook.com
- Using "www.outlook.com" works for most users and has been tested with Office 365.
- However, if this does not work you can also try using these instructions:
- The server information can be different depending on the student.
- The server information is obtained by logging in to your student based email through your web browser.
- Once you are at your email page look at the information in the address bar.
- The server is listed after "http://" and ends with ".com" EX: http://ch1prd0102.outlook.com/owa/?hm=1&wa=wsignin1.0
If you have further questions requiring technical support, return to the BYU-Idaho FAQ Page.