BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
Windows XP Wireless Setup
You will not need to do this every time you want to get on the internet. This is just for the first time you connect a computer with Windows XP to the campus internet.
1. Double click the wireless icon in the lower right-hand corner.
2. Click on "Change Advanced Settings."
3. Click the "Wireless Networks" tab of the window that opens.
4. Click on the "Add..." button.
5. Fill out the form like this.*
* Type "BYUI" in the Network name box.
* Use the "WPA2" option in the "Network Authentication" box. If you don't have that option use "WPA."
6. Click "Authentication." 7. Change the EAP type to "PEAP." 8. Click "Properties."
9. Click "Configure." There will be a box that pops up with a checked box in it. UNCHECK the box.
10. Click "OK" on every open window.
11. Once you've clicked "OK" on all the boxes, wait a few seconds and a bubble will appear in the lower right-hand corner of the page. Click on it.
12. Fill out the form. Your Net-ID is the same username you use to log into BYU-I's website to check your account, register for classes, log into I-Learn, etc. Use the same password you use to log into www.byui.edu
Leave the "Logon domain" blank.
13. Once you've entered your Net-ID and password, a bubble will appear in the lower right again. Click it.
14. Click "OK." Your wireless should now work.