Mozilla Thunderbird 24.0 Configuration Instructions (current as of Jan 2014):
***THE BYU-Idaho Help desk does not support Mozilla Thunderbird officially, however, these directions have been provided by an alumnus of the school that has taken the time to figure out the settings on his own. He has shared these to use at your own leisure.***
This guide contains instructions for new Thunderbird users and for users who have previously used Thunderbird with BYU-I email and whose settings are no longer correct.
For new Thunderbird users using POP3:
- Open the Thunderbird Program and Select File -> Existing Mail Account
- You see the following screen below-
- Enter your name, your email address, and your BYUI.edu password
- Click "Continue".
- Select "Manual Configuration"
- Enter the settings shown above to use your BYU-Idaho account in Thunderbird with the POP3 configuration.
For new Thunderbird users using IMAP:
- To obtain the settings for IMAP follow these directions:
- Click on the myBYUI button on the upper right hand corner of the site and sign in:
- Once signed in, click the email button on the Navigation Bar:
- When you enter the email system, click on the options on the right-hand side of the screen and select "See All Options"
- Select the link for "Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access"
- ***THE SMTP settings may be confusing for some: For the incoming email you will select the SSL/TLS setting in Thunderbird, however for outgoing you MUST select STARTTLS as shown in the 2nd illustration above. If you try to configure SSL/TLS and manually input Port 587, it WILL NOT work.***
- After entering the configurations above, click "Done" where you should be able to configure all other settings as you desire.
For existing Thunderbird users:
- Right-click on your BYU-Idaho account and select "Settings"
- Configure the settings either as listed above using your StudentID@byui.edu as the username and all other settings as shown.
- You may also need to reconfigure your SMTP settings, so scroll down on the left side to find the SMTP settings:
- Select the Outgoing Server (SMTP) setting.
- To change these settings select "Edit" and change the following settings as necessary:
- Send a test email to yourself and verify that these settings work.