SharePoint @ BYUI
What is SharePoint?
SharePoint is a scalable document repository that blends traditional content management, social computing, and search to deliver an enterprise content management platform. It is quickly becoming the tool of choice for those who want to make information available to authenticated users. Some other capabilities include:
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Content Management
- The typical intranet is a document repository where users simply uploadand download content. SharePoint offers much more.
- Social Networking
- ...and so on
Come see us at the Office 365 Training Series for SharePoint Trainings. For a full schedule of events, please visit the campus training page.
Once you have some Basic Training completed click here to share your SharePoint questions so that we can build documentation for all.
Errors and Answers
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible Application could not be found.
- Make sure you're using Internet Explorer (32-bit).
Popular Internal Sites
- IT (Information Technology)
Wondering how to use Word with SharePoint? Excel with SharePoint? How about PowerPoint and OneNote with SharePoint? Use a SharePoint document library. This course will show you the basics.
Document Libraries FAQs
- Can I use folders to organize my files?
- Yes, though you might be better served with custom columns and views.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints please feel free to submit a Helpdesk Ticket.