LivePerson @ BYUI
BYU-Idaho uses LivePerson for live chat support.
If your department does not yet have an account, please contact LivePerson@byui.edu or call us at x7007 to get hooked up.
We've recently upgraded from the LivePerson Agent Console (LPAC) to the web-based LiveEngage. Read the following documentation for more information:
- Handling Chats with the New Agent Workspace
- LiveEngage Agent Guide
- LiveEngage Agent Quick Start
- LiveEngage Admin Guide
- LivePerson Connect - Upgrade Central
- LivePerson Connect - Submit an Idea
- What if someone forgot to allow the alerts? How can you go back and reset that?
- Option 1: Click the bell, then the gear, then check the box for https://z1.le.liveperson.net:443.
- Option 2: Right click on the padlock. Click on Site Settings. Scroll to "Notifications". There you can click "Manage Exceptions" or just allow all.
- Option 1: You can reset this to the default (or outright disallow it) on a per-site basis by right-clicking somewhere in a blank spot of the site (or pressing Ctrl-I on Windows or Cmd-I on Mac) and then selecting "View Page Info" from the opening menu. This opens a window with a "Permissions" tab. I that, scroll down to the very bottom until you see "Show Notifications" as the third-to-last entry. Either reset that to the default, or just select "Block".
- Optioni 2: Left-click on padlock > more information > permissions > notifications
- Can we limit user creation so that each skill administrator only can create users for their own skill?
- In the future there will be agent groups that allow that kind of segmentation. At this time, there is not that capability.
- Does LiveEngage set status to “Away” automatically upon screensaver?
- LiveEngage has a couple different settings for that. We'll post more here soon.
- Does closing the browser tab log you out if you forget to click “log out”?
- Yes it does.
- What is MCS and how is it calculated?
- MCS is the Meaningful Connection Score. It's a new machine learning feature that is being developed right now. It's currently implemented in the "Sentiment Analysis" (Those are the smiley/frowny faces). The faces will be switching over to the MCS metrics in the near future.
- Is CoBrowse no longer supported? I understood Desktop Sharing was going away but thought that CoBrowse was going to stay.
- CoBrowse is on the new platform.
LivePerson is requiring us to update all code on each page containing a chat link before July 31, 2015. In order to do so, here is the procedure that the BYUI Web Design Team has built for us:
- Add the Content Snippet in Ingeniux
- Open and Check Out your page in Ingeniux
- Click arrow to expand the Content Snippet Group Element
- Click Pick
- Type "livep" in the Name box
- Select LivePersonScript with ID x104651
- If you get a notification of a processing error, click OK
- Type somewhere on your page. Usually the bottom is the best.
Tips & Tricks
- Forward all of your messages to the BSC during certain times of day.
- Admin Console
- Visitor Rules
- Rule Types
- "When visitor clicks to chat".
- "New Rule" button.
- Fill in the necessary info on the top section, such as the name, dsescription etc...
- Then, in the conditions, choose Visitor Properties - Skill, and choose the skill from which you want to forward.
- Then, add another rule under Time Functions - Day of the Week and Time of day.
- Make sure that above the conditions, it is set to "If *All* of the following conditions are true".
- Then in the actions, you want to choose Variables >> Set Visitor Skill >> Choose the skill you want.