If you are having trouble with your department mailbox after the migration follow these steps:
- Go to your student email through my.byui.edu
- Click on your name in the top right
- Click on "Open Another Mailbox..."
- Type in the email address
- If that works follow the steps in the next section. If it does not work send an email to email@example.com with the name of the mailbox and the roles that need access to the email.
Follow these instructions if you were able to open the mailbox following the instructions above (or if a coworker was able to open it following those instructions)
- Exit Outlook and Close Lync completely
- Click on "Start"
- Type in "run" and hit enter
- In the window that opens enter "Outlook.exe /profiles" (Just copy and paste this in) and hit "OK"
- When Outlook opens and asks for the profile click "New" and enter "new" as the profile name (It can be named anything, this is only for display purposes)
- Type in the email address (leave everything else blank) click "Next > "
- It will search for setting then ask for a password. Put in your username followed by "@byui.edu" (This is not your email address) if my username was "ssadmin" I would enter "firstname.lastname@example.org". Then enter your password.
- If you have more mailboxes to add then click on "Add an additional mailbox..." and repeat steps 6 and 7
- Click on "Finish" once it finishes. Outlook will ask you for a profile.
- Click on "Options>>" and check the box that says "Set as profile default"
- Open Click on "OK"
- Outlook may prompt you for your username and password again. Follow step #7 and make sure to use your email@example.com and to check "Remember my credentials"