You may be able to recover items that were recently emptied from your Deleted Items folder.
Using Outlook 2010/2013:
- Click the Folder tab at the top of the screen.
- Click Recover Deleted Items
- Select the items to recover and click Recover. Recovered items will be moved back to your Deleted Items folder. If the message you wish to recover is not displayed in the list, it was deleted too long ago to be restored with this process.
Using Outlook Web Access:
- Open up browser and login to OWA at http://owa.byui.edu/owa/.
- Look to see if the deleted e-mail is listed in the 'deleted items' folder. If not, then it must have been deleted over 45 days ago and is not recoverable.
- Proceed to step 4 if this is the case, if you found your deleted e-mail then it's recommended that you move or make a copy to another folder for safe keeping such as your Inbox or other folder. You may stop at this point since you found your e-mail and successfully restored it.
- Right-click on the Deleted Items folder.
- Select "Recover Deleted Items"
- In the window that pops up, click/highlight the message(s) you want to recover.
- Select the folder (or create a new folder) you would like to move the recovered e-mail into then click on the "Recover..." button.
Note: It is a good idea to put the recovered e-mail in a folder 'other than' your "deleted items".
Other Important Notes
- This feature works for any of your email folders that are on the 'Exchange' server.
- It will not work for any email that is stored in your personal (local/archive) folders.
- You may repeat the steps above with other folders (such as Sent Items), but most of the time the messages you want to recover were already in the Deleted Items folder to begin with.
- Messages deleted more than 45 days ago are not recoverable