How to archive folders from Outlook 2010
Archiving in Outlook 2010
- BYU-Idaho mailbox quotas are 500MB.
- Archiving relieves your server quota by moving items to your PC storage.
- Procedure (Manual):
- Procedure (AutoArchive):
- Auto Archive is not enabled by default. To turn it on:
- click on the File tab to access Backstage View
- then click on Options.
- The Outlook Options window opens then click on Advanced then the AutoArchive Settings button.
Generally when you archive you'll see that archive in the left navigation area in Outlook. If, for whatever reason it's not there, here's how to access it:
- Open Outlook Data File
- Browse to the location of your "archive.pst" file (usually c:\Users\netID\Documents\Outlook Files\archive.pst)