Setting up email on Android
- Open your email app of choice. We recommend Microsoft Outlook, but other apps will work similarly.
- From your app, find the Settings or Accounts Page where you can manage your email accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- If prompted, tap Exchange as the account type.
- Enter your BYU-Idaho email address.
- When prompted, enter your BYU-Idaho credentials.
NOTE: If you are not redirected to the byui.edu login page, make sure to input email@example.com not firstname.lastname@example.org in the domain or username field. For example, if you log in with the username JohnDoe and your email is email@example.com, then login with JohnDoe@byui.edu instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Enter outlook.office365.com as the server. Leave everything else on default.
Setting up email on iPhone
Setting up Email on Native Apple Mail App
- If you do not already have an email account linked to your iPhone’s native Mail app, you can add one as soon as you open the app. Otherwise, open the Settings app and go to Mail.
- Under Accounts, tap Add Account and select Exchange as the account type to add.
- On the following screen enter your BYU-Idaho email and password, then tap Next.
- The form will then expand, asking for a server, domain, and username. Use the following:
a. Server: outlook.office365.com
b. Domain: BYUI
c. Username: email@example.com
NOTE: Be sure to put @byui.edu on the end of your username to connect correctly.
- You will then be able to configure which native Apple services you would like to use with that account: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, or Notes. Make your selections, then tap Save.
- You should now find your BYU-Idaho email accessible from your iPhone’s Mail app.
NOTE: To change how much mail syncs to your phone, open Settings > Mail > Accounts > Your Account > Mail Days to Sync. You can change how many days back you want your mail to sync, or you can tap No Limit to sync everything.
Downloading Outlook or other mail apps
- When opening the app for the first time, tap Get Started and select your notification preferences.
- If you have already set up an account in the app, go to the in-app settings and tap Add Account then Add Email Account.
- Where it says firstname.lastname@example.org, enter your email address.
- When you tap Next, it will redirect you to BYU-Idaho's login page where you will enter your username and password.
- It may then ask you if you want to add another account. If you want, you can sync your other email accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo with the Outlook app too. You can even sync a storage account such as OneDrive for Business or Dropbox.
Forgetting email on iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- You will now see a list of available email addresses. Find your BYU-Idaho email address in the list and select it. Your screen will now display information about your BYU-Idaho email account.
- Tap Delete Account.
- In the pop-up that appears, verify that you would like to delete the account.