This article explains how a new employee can set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) using a phone call. For more about 2FA, please watch our Introduction: Why 2FA? video.
To enroll in 2FA using a phone call:
1. Log in to your BYU-Idaho account.
2. Click Start setup.
3. Click Mobile phone.
4. Enter your phone number.
5. Verify that the phone number you entered is correct and click Continue.
6. You'll be shown a list of cell phone types. Choose the Other (and cell phones) option.
7. In the next screen, check the box next to Remember me for 30 days, then click Call Me.
8. Answer the phone call and follow the instructions you receive over the phone.
NOTE: If you receive a phone call like this when you are not trying to log in to your account, it means that someone is trying to get into your account. Press 2 to report fraud, and change your BYU-Idaho password as soon as possible.
You're now set up with 2FA and logged in to your account! You'll only need to do this when logging in to your BYU-Idaho account from an off-campus network, and only every 30 days per device and browser.