Requirements & Application
It is important to read and understand the following information BEFORE applying to the program.
- Click here to begin the application. It is a Google Form, so you will have to register for a Google account if you don't already have one.
- As part of the application process you will need to demonstrate how the classes that you take as part of the tour will go towards graduation (counting either towards your major, minor, cluster or electives). You will be contacted after your application has been completed to set up a meeting with a tour director to discuss this plan.
- If you are not a Humanities Major or Art Major and would still like to apply (and we would encourage all majors to apply!) please consider if you can use these credits as elective credits or towards a cluster if your major will allow it. If you are unsure, please contact Sister Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can put you in touch with the tour directors who would love to help you figure out how to make the tour work to your benefit.
- Additionally, you will be asked to write a 500-word minimum essay covering the following information. The essay should cover: 1 - How your previous experiences will enhance travel study experience, 2 - How the tour would benefit your current course of study, and 3 - How the participating in the tour would enhance/benefit you in your future job, family, community, etc.
- You will be notified of your application status through the email that you indicate on your application. This will be to let you know that we received your application and it is in the consideration process as well as setting up a time to meet with a tour director. You will also be notified of the acceptance status of your application through the email indicated on your application.
- Official acceptance emails will not be sent out until about a week after the applications are no longer accepted (about the first week of November).
Students that are accepted and those invited to be on the waiting list must respond to the invitation as directed. Vacancies resulting from engagements, illness, or economic downturns occur annually, and frequently, and are filled with students on the waiting list.
*Application does not automatically guarantee admission to the program. Only about 46 participants can be accommodated in each program. Admission is granted according to the relevance of the tour to students' academic objectives (including Major, Minor and Cluster), program diversity, academic standing, and other program needs.