BYU-Idaho Learning Model
- Prepare: Spend at least 30 minutes thoroughly studying the information listed below.
- Teach One Another: Spend 10-15 minutes teaching the associated principle to an individual or group.
- Ponder and Prove: Reflect on each principle and complete an improvement goal.
- What is professionalism?
- What attitudes and behaviors are displayed by professionals?
- How does having a professional attitude help a customer's experience?
Quotes“Professionalism means consistency of quality.” -Frank Tyger
“My idea of professionalism is probably a lot of people’s idea of obsessive.” -David Fincher
“A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it” -Alistair Cooke
“Professionalism is not a label you give yourself—it is a description you hope others will apply to you.” -David Maister
LDS Quotes“Personal and professional assessment of knowledge, performance, attitudes, and character encourages development toward fulfilling divine potential and promotes professional growth.” -Administering Appropriately: A Handbook for CES Leaders and Teachers, (2003), 31–32
“How you communicate should reflect who you are as a son or daughter of God. Clean and intelligent language is evidence of a bright and wholesome mind. Good language that uplifts, encourages, and compliments others invites the Spirit to be with you. Our words, like our deeds, should be filled with faith, hope, and charity.” -For the Strength of Youth