Getting Things Done
Storehouse of Talent: Getting Things Done
Join Jerrod Guddat from the Records and Registration office as he presents on David Allen's Getting Things Done - a practical and truly effective work-life management system. Jerrod will provide a compelling presentation on techniques that have transformed his way of managing the daily work load. Key takeaways will include:
· Hands-on tools for transforming your way of managing the workload
· A refreshing perspective
· Realistic examples of how to execute tasks and projects common at BYU-Idaho
· Practical understanding of how to implement the concepts being taught
· Interactive and engaging discussions with colleagues across campus
About GTD: "Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them. That's why David Allen created Getting Things Done®. GTD is the work-life management system that has helped countless individuals and organizations bring order to chaos with stress-free productivity. ... TIME magazine heralded it as 'the defining self-help business book of its time.' GTD enables greater performance, capacity, and innovation. It alleviates the feeling of [being] overwhelmed-instilling focus, clarity, and confidence."
Resources we recommend viewing:
- GTD Free Resources
- GTD Cafe
- David Allen's book or eBook
- Ted Talk by David Allen
- Getting Things Done takeaways, relavance, and summary provided by Get Abstract (pdf)
- The Tickler File (pdf)
- Personal Productivity GTD Presentation (PPT)
- Workflow Processing and Organizing Diagram (pdf)
This training is part of the BYU-Idaho Storehouse of Talent - sharing talent across campus with one another, "that all may be edified."
All employees are invited to register for this event. Register ASAP as seats are limited!
There are trainings scheduled for May 13th, 14th, 15th, 21th and 23rd.
To register, please visit the HR training website - click on the "Upcoming Events" button and then register for your desired time slot. Watch a two-minute instruction video showing steps for registering for a training and adding it to your calendar.