Working with Difficult Customers
Following the BYU-Idaho Learning Model:
- Prepare: Spend at least 30 minutes thoroughly studying the information listed below.
- Teach One Another: Spend 10-15 minutes teaching the associated principle to an individual or group.
- Ponder and Prove: Reflect on each principle and complete the "Ponder and Prove" questionnaire (which includes setting an improvement goal).
1. Sample Lesson:
- Lesson (pdf)
2. Questions to Consider:
- Why are people sometimes angry and difficult?
- How do I defuse a tense situation?
- How do I effectively deal with a difficult customer?
- TED: 5 Ways to Listen Better
- YouTube: 5 Action Ideas to Deal with Difficult Customers
- YouTube: Validation
See also: Difficult Conversations