Going Above and Beyond
Following the BYU-Idaho Learning Model:
- Prepare: Spend at least 30 minutes thoroughly studying the information listed below.
- Teach One Another: Spend 10-15 minutes teaching the associated principle to an individual or group.
- Ponder and Prove: Reflect on each principle and complete the "Ponder and Prove" questionnaire (which includes setting an improvement goal).
1. Questions to Consider:
- Think of a time when you went "above and beyond" in your life. What was the reward for your extra effort?
- Think of the most successful individuals in your life. Are they the type of person to go "above and beyond"?
- In what aspects of your life do you know you should improve and give more effort to? How could that extra effort benefit you and others?
- What can you do to "go the extra mile" today in your professional endeavors?
- What can you do to "go the extra mile" today in your personal life?
- LDS.org: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-08-2830-going-the-extra-mile?lang=eng
- LDS.org: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-07-12-going-the-extra-mile?lang=eng