1. Check out these Cartoons:
2. Consider these Questions:
- Why should we care about the quality of the emails we send to our customers?
- What do I like about the emails that I receive?
- What do I dislike about the emails people send to me?
3. Resources to Read and Highlight:
- 6 Ways to Improve Your E-mail Messages
- Email Courtesy Suggestions
- Email Etiquette for Professionals: 19 Essential Ground Rules
- Email Tips
- Email Etiquette 101
- Email Etiquette: Owl at Purdue
- Email Etiquette Rules
- Email Etiquette: Why is it Important?
4. Think about it:
- What do my emails look and sound like? Do they appear and sound professionally written? What is my tone?
- What are you going to do to improve? Write down just two specific goals and put them on a sticky note at your desk, on your monitor, or somewhere you will see it often. Keep it there for two weeks. (Sample goal: Proofread all emails before I send them, checking for spelling errors, correct tone, and professional language.