BYU-Idaho offers employees a 403(b) tax-deferred annuity plan through TIAA-CREF. This plan is supplemental to DMBA's 401(k) Supplemental Retirement Savings Plan (i.e. Thrift Plan); and the university does not "match" employee contributions to the TIAA-CREF program. All employees, including those in full-time, part-time, and temporary jobs, are eligible to participate in the TIAA-CREF plan, except those who fit the following definitions:
• Student employees
• Employees who normally work fewer than 20 hours per week
and less than 1,000 hours per year, unless they worked at
least 1,000 hours in any prior year
• Employees who are non-resident aliens not receiving United
States sourced income (no employees currently fit this definition).
Included here is a Summary Plan Description to help employees understand how this plan is designed.
For more information or to enroll, please go to the TIAA-CREF homepage on the internet.
• TIAA-CREF Investment Options
• TIAA-CREF Payroll Deduction Form
• TIAA-CREF Loan Change (2012)
• Universal Availability Notice (2013)
Fee Disclosure Materials (August 2012):
• TIAA-CREF Cover Letter for Fee Disclosure
• TIAA-CREF Summary of Plan Services and Costs
• TIAA-CREF Investment Chart