Higher Education Assistance
(For Non-Faculty Employees)
Formerly called the Professional Development Program, the Higher Education Assistance Program exists to help full-time, non-faculty employees, obtain advanced degrees from accredited universities.
Human Resources is responsible for managing this program. (The Academic Office is responsible for the professional development program provided to faculty.)
• Application Deadline: May 31 of each year for programs starting or taking place in the
• Please submit applications to Human Resources in Kimball 240.
• Application Form.
Major policy changes include the following:
Financial assistance available per year is limited to the IRS non-taxable amount - currently $5,250. This tax-free limit is defined in Publication 970, which addresses employer-provided educational assistance programs.
Employees may apply for the program prior to meeting the three-year eligibility requirement, though they will not receive funding (if approved) until meeting the three-year requirement.
• For those who have already been accepted into the program, click here for the
reimbursement request form.
Educational Opportunities (affiliated with or commonly pursued by BYU-Idaho employees)
• Utah State University - MBA Program
• Idaho State University - various programs
• Western Governors University - various programs