Student Employment Exception Requests
Exception Request Process
(Purpose: To request an exception for a student to work 40 hours during his/her off-track semester.)
According to the BYU-Idaho Student Employment policy:
- During a student's off-track semester, he or she may work up to 20 hours per week.
- Students may work up to 40 hours per week during their off-track semester ONLY in positions that have been approved by the representative Vice President.
- Students may only work one academic period (semester or session) in a position that exceeds 20 hours per week.
To request an exception, please complete the following form and submit it to the Human Resources office.
- A department supervisor (not the student employee) should complete the form.
- Approval (and requisite signatures) must be obtained by each level of management.
Exception Request Form
Pre-Approved, On-going Exceptions
- Students in their last semester taking less than 12 credits.
- Students with learning disabilities as identified by the Academic Learning department.
- Students approved for 40 hour/week on-campus internships, who have not previously worked in a position exceeding 20 hours per week in the current year.