BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.
For Campus Employers
Procedures for Hiring a New Employee:
1. Hiring a STUDENT Employee (see Student Employment)
2. Hiring a REGULAR Employee (Full or Part-time)
• Complete an "Employment Proposal" form (including needed signatures) and forward it to HR.
• After verifying the FTE and job description, the form is forwarded to the appropriate vice
president for review by the President's Council.
• The approved form is returned to HR—where the employment coordinator coordinates the
posting and hiring process with the hiring manager.
• Before a final offer is extended, HR performs an ecclesiastical clearance.
• On or before the first day of work, the new employee reports to the HR office to complete
employment paperwork and to schedule the "new employee orientation."
3. Hiring a Temporary (TEMP) Employee (see also Policy 2-2 L)
(Please coordinate all Temp employment requests with Cynphony Mackay.)
BYU-Idaho has two classifications of temporary employees:
• On-call temporaries approved through HR for work during peak times, seasonal rush work, or to fill
in for employees on vacation or intermittent sick leave.
• Full-time temporaries, approved through President's Council, to fill in for someone on an extended
leave or to complete a special assignment. These temporaries are generally hired for less than 6
months but should not exceed 9 months.
Helpful Resources for Campus Employers:
• Interview Questions (see Interviewing Job Candidates)
• Training for Supervisors and Managers (see Training and Development)
• Forms and Checklists (see Forms and Checklists)