BYU-Idaho Employee Compensation:
PHILOSOPHY: Under the direction of the President of the Church and the Board of Trustees, BYU-Idaho adopts a conservative, yet fair, philosophy regarding the salaries of its employees. BYU-Idaho endeavors to use sacred funds conservatively in efforts to reflect market data within relevant labor markets, while acknowledging institutional constraints.
1. Foster an environment where employees can:
- Use their talents
- Expand their potential
- Provide dedicated support to hastening the work of building the kingdom
- Be resourceful, upbeat, and loyal so that they can give their best in what they are contributing*
- Work, learn, teach, and be taught by the spirit
2. Maintain a holistic view of the benefits (tangible / non-tangible) of working at BYU-Idaho.
3. Use sacred funds conservatively in efforts to work towards the mission of BYU-Idaho:
- Build Testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and encourage living its principles.
- Provide a quality education for students of diverse interests and abilities.
- Prepare students for lifelong learning, for employment and for their roles as citizens and parents.
- Maintain a wholesome academic, cultural, social, and spiritual environment.
4. Be the source of income, but even more importantly, be a source of satisfaction for the employee and their families.*
*President Gordon B. Hinckley (Working in the Lords Kingdom DVD)
Job Description Writing
Job Description Template (Word Document)
ADA (Physical Requirements) (Word Document)
ADA (Essential Functions) (Word Document)
For specific questions regarding employee compensation, please contact Sam Eidam in the in the HR office.