The BYU-I PTA program will accept applications during each Spring semester (April-July). Applications will be accepted until the Monday before Spring graduation for the upcoming Fall semester. Applications for Fall 2017 will be due July 10, 2017.
Step 1 (Check to See if You Qualify):
Students applying to the BYU-I PTA program must meet the following qualifications. Please review these requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- You must apply and be accepted to BYU-Idaho University before applying to the PTA program. Once you have been admitted by the university, you will receive a username and password which will allow you to submit your application electronically.
- It is recommended that you complete at least 1 semester with 12 credit hours or more before applying to the program. Successful completion of at least 12 credits in one semester demonstrates your ability to maintain grades with a decent academic load.
- Overall GPA must be 3.0 or higher. You must demonstrate a minimum of a "C" in all pre-requisite courses and the averaged GPA of the following "core courses" must also be 3.0 or higher: Bio 264/264L, Bio 265/265L, HRHP 359 & HS 280.
- You must be able to graduate with the PTA degree with less than 120 credits OR graduate with less than 140 credits with a dual degree (BS & AAS). Please consider these limits when applying. See a listing of all PTA prerequisite and program courses. This will help you verify that you can graduate within these limits. For a specific grad plan, contact Academic Discovery (Chapman 107, 208-496-1411).
- Students who already have a bachelor's degree or higher are not eligible to apply according to university policy (you will not be admitted into the university and therefore can not be accepted into the program).
If you are eligible to apply, please continue on to Steps 2 & 3.
Step 2 (Download and Complete Your Application):
Download and review the pdf of the application check list, then access the Application using the following steps:
- Please click this link to Begin the application to the PTA program: https://web.byui.edu/inplace/studentoptin
- Enter your I# and choose the PTA application. Please, note that you will not recieve an email for now. You will have to wait overnight (as stated below) and then log into I-Place with your BYU-I username and Password. Follow the PowerPoint presentation below to guide you through the application.
- Wait overnight for your request to be processed and then enter/upload your applicaiton information into I-Place using this link: https://iplace.byui.edu
- Note: On the application, there is not a "Final Submit" button. All documents are uploaded individually by clicking the "submit" button provided for each section.
If you encounter any issues with the application, please try using another browser (Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox). If there are any further issues, please email email@example.com
Step 3 (Submit a Background Check):
Your application will not be considered complete until your background check has been verified. Please see instructions on how to complete your background check.
Basic Background Check Cost: $27.00.
After Being Admitted to the Program:
Please review the immunizations and documentation that will be required at the start of the PTA Program.