Qualifications for Living in Approved Housing
All single students are required to live in approved housing. This includes:
- Individuals who are matriculating BYU-Idaho students (degree-seeking and admitted to a track).
- Students who are off-track and continue to live in the immediate Rexburg area.
Note: The landlord assumes full responsibility to ensure all tenants meet these qualifications prior to allowing a contract to be signed. For details on verifying eligibility, please see Appendix B.
Students who lose eligibility to live in approved housing must move out within 72 hours. This includes:
- Students who have been dismissed for a Student Honor violation or evicted for violations of the BYU-Idaho Student Landlord Housing Contract and/or BYU-Idaho Apartment Living Standards.
- Students who are on Academic Suspension.
- Students who have lost their student status for any reason.
Those who do not qualify to live in approved housing are:
- Individuals who have not been officially admitted to BYU-Idaho or who come to Rexburg prior to their assigned track.
- Students who are married.
- Single students who qualify as a family (have dependent children or are legal guardians of dependent children).
- Widows or widowers.
- Students who are divorced (exceptions to this particular disqualifier may be granted through the Dean of Students Office).
Summer Session and Off-Track Students
Matriculating single students who attend summer session classes or are off-track and continue to live in the immediate Rexburg area are required to live in BYU-Idaho approved housing.