- PhD (1998) Human Development and Family Studies, University of Illinois- Champaign/Urbana
- M.S. (1992) Family Science, Human Development Emphasis, BYU
- B.S. (1987) Family Living, BYU
- A.S. (1983) General Studies, Ricks College
- Spending time with my wife, children and extended family.
- Protecting children and defending childhood and helping others do so.
- Enjoying nature, hiking, exploring, canoeing, picking berries, gathering firewood.
- Enjoying art, literature, history, theater and music.
Previous Teaching Experience
- BYU-Provo - Graduate Student Instructor
- Utah Valley Community College - Adjunct Instructor
- University of Illinois - Graduate Student Instructor
- Washington State University - Full-time faculty