- Ph.D. (1995) Marriage and Family Therapy, Texas Tech University, Dissertation on Adult Attachment Styles in Clinical Populations
- M.S. (1991) Child & Family Development, University of Georgia
- B.S. (1989) Psychology, BYU
- Racquetball, gardening, cycling, and my family.
A select few BYU-I students and I have been working on an article to be published in a journal. The article is an evaluation of a healthy marriage and relationship curriculum called What's Reel. It will be presented at the NCFR conference in November 2014.
Previous Teaching Experience
- Professor - Human Development & Family Studies Department, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD (1996 - 2007)
- Instructor - Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (1992-1994)
Marriage and Family Therapist - Private Practice (Brookings, SD; 1996-2007)
Several grants and articles on the effectiveness of relationship education curricula on teen relationships and future marriage.