- Doctor of Philosophy (2000) Family & Human Development, Emphasis in Marriage and family relations. Dissertation in Family leadership: Constructing and testing a theoretical model of family well-being; Utah State University, Logan, UT
- Master of Science (1993) Counseling with Emphasis in Marriage and family therapy; Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- Bachelor of Arts (1991) Psychology; Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- Associate of Arts (1989) General Education; Ricks College, Rexburg, ID
- Understanding the role of religion in strengthening families, including how parents prepare children to be leaders within their own families.
Spend time with his wife and children in the outdoors-hiking, fishing, camping, and gardening.
Previous Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor of Human Development & Family Studies (1999 - 2006) Pennsylvania State University.
- Instructor/Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant (1996 - 1999) Utah State University.