Microsoft Exchange Online serves BYUI Student Email
11/01/11 04:28 PM
Over the next several months Microsoft will deploy the December 2011 Exchange Online Service Update, bringing "Extended High Availability" (meaning Less Downtime).
- During the move, a user's mailbox may be unavailable for up to 30 minutes, but most likely, any interruption will be for less than 5 minutes.
- If a mailbox move is active when a user logs in to OWA, they will see a message stating that their mailbox is being moved, and please try again later.
- End users may notice changes to server names in URLs and in protocol settings.
- The POD address will remain the same, so your pod address will still be something like POD51008.outlook.com.
- The site name may change to be SN2PRD0310.outlook.com instead of SN2PRD0302.outlook.com, for example.
- A very small percentage of mobile devices are not 100% compliant and may have to be reconfigured to connect to a pod address.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints please feel free to submit a Helpdesk Ticket.