1. To add an Exchange account to your device:
2. On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description(which may be anything you like) and press next.
* Your device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it does not do it automatically you might have to enter our server info manually. (owa.byui.edu for faculty.)
For Students: help them find their server by having them go to their school e-mail, click on" about" under the"?", and see what it says for "Host name" or "server name."
3. After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized.
* To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your device wirelessly with MobileMe services.