Fax: Send a fax with Outlook
How do I send a fax in Outlook?
Note: In order to send or receive a fax in Outlook, you must first have a Personal Fax Number. To request a number click here to fill out the Personal Fax Number Request form.
- Open a new e-mail message in Outlook.
- The fax is addressed using the To...line of the email message.
- Simply type [fax:8 followed by the fax number.
- If you are using a calling card append that to the end of the number.
- End the address with another bracket ].
- Campus: [fax:84966511]
- Off Campus (Local): [fax:83561234]
- Off Campus (Toll-Free): [fax:818005281234]
- Off Campus (Calling Card): [fax:81801123456712345678]
- Off Campus (Calling Card - International): [fax:801122334455667712345678]
- The To, From, Subject, and message body of the email message appear on the cover page of the fax. Fill in this information if you desire it to appear on the cover letter.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints please feel free to submit a Helpdesk Ticket.
- Attach the document you would like to fax by clicking on the Insert menu and choosing File... or clicking the paper clip icon.
Note: Attachments appear as subsequent pages behind the cover letter.
- Click Send.
If your fax is not delivered successfully, you will receive a notification by e-mail.
To send a test fax use the HP FaxBack Test system by dialing [fax:818884732963]