The BYU-I PTA program will accept applications during each Spring semester (April-July). Applications will be accepted until the Monday before Spring graduation for the upcoming Fall semester. Applications for Fall 2017 will be due July 10, 2017.
Step 1 (Check to See if You Qualify):
Students applying to the BYU-I PTA program must meet the following qualifications. Please review these requirements to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- You must apply and be accepted to BYU-Idaho University before applying to the PTA program. Once you have been admitted by the university, you will receive a username and password which will allow you to submit your application electronically.
- It is recommended that you complete at least 1 semester with 12 credit hours or more before applying to the program. Successful completion of at least 12 credits in one semester demonstrates your ability to maintain grades with a decent academic load.
- Overall GPA must be 3.0 or higher. You must demonstrate a minimum of a "C" in all pre-requisite courses and the averaged GPA of the following "core" courses must also be 3.0 or higher: Bio 264/264L, Bio 265/265L, HRHP 359 & HS 280.
- You must be able to graduate from the PTA program with less than 120 credits OR graduate with less than 140 credits with a dual degree (BS & AAS). Please consider these limits when applying. See a listing of all PTA prerequisite and program courses. This will help you verify that you can graduate within these limits. For a specific grad plan, contact Academic Discovery (Chapman 107, 208-496-1411).
- Students who already have a bachelor's degree or higher are not eligible to apply according to university policy (you will not be admitted into the university and therefore can not be accepted into the program).
If you are eligible to apply, please continue on to Steps 2 & 3.
Step 2 (Download and Complete Your Application):
Step 3 (Submit a Background Check):
Your application will not be considered complete until your background check has been verified. Please see instructions on how to complete your background check.
Basic Background Check Cost: $27.00 .
After Being Admitted to the Program:
Please review the immunizations and documentation that will be required at the start of the PTA Program.